Luke was first introduced to Gracie Jiu Jitsu when Prof. Carlos Gracie Jr visited Australia in 1995. Over the next 10 years Luke travelled countless times to train at many of the best academies throughout Australia, Brasil and the U.S.A.
During this time Luke has won a number of Grappling titles as well as being crowned the 2001 NSW Pankration Champion.
In December 2005, Luke was awarded his Black Belt by Gracie Academy head instructors Prof. Royler Gracie & Prof. Rolker Gracie and Gracie Sydney head instructor Prof. Bruno Panno. This achievement made Luke the first ever person from New South Wales to receive a Black Belt from the Gracie family.
As a grappling coach Luke has produced many champions at the state and national level, as well as winning the overall 2005 & 2008 NSW BJJ Federation team championship.
- 2nd Degree Black Belt – Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Prof. Royce Gracie
- Certified Instructor – Ginastica Natural Level 3 under Master Alvaro Romano
- Certified Instructor – Nobre Arte under founder Meste Claudio Coelho
- Certified Instructor – Level 6 FFS & Kali Ilustrisimo under founder Ray Floro
- Black Belt – Modern Arnis
- Battlefield Kali Stick/Knife – Level 4 under Guro Burton Richardson
- Certified Instructor – Knife Defence FTS under Guro Burton Richardson
- Certified Instructor – Red Zone Knife Defence
- Certified Instructor – RBPP under founder Jim Wagner
- Certified Instructor – ISR Matrix PM
- Certified Instructor – MMAXFIT (MMA Fitness) under founder Ian Schaffa
- Level 3 Kinetic Fighting under Paul Cale
- Level 2 NCAS Government Accredited Coach – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Certificate III in Sport (Coaching) SRS30303 – Sport specialization: Martial Arts
- Certificate III in Security (Guarding)
- Senior First Aid (St John Ambulance)
- Member of Royce Gracie Network
- Member of Gracie Sydney Association / Prof. Bruno Panno Team
- Member of N.S.W. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation (NSWBJJF)
- Member of Australian Ju Jitsu Federation (AJJF)
- Member of Australian Federation of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (AFBJJ)
- Member of International Martial Arts Alliance (I.M.A. – Industry Peak Body)
- Qualified Punchfit Trainer